When there aren't private events in the building, the North Tahoe Event Center is the home of many community classes and activities, including:
- Jazzercise combines elements of easy to follow jazz dance moves, strength training, pilates, yoga, kickboxing and more for a total body workout for people of every age and fitness level.
- Monday - Saturday - 8:45 - 10:00 AM, Tuesday/Thursday - 5:30 - 6:30 PM
- Shari Beard has joyfully taught Happy Yoga on Lake Tahoe since 2002. She offers a fun, uplifting class that draws from her thorough background in the Iyengar, Ashtanga, and Anusara Method.
- Tuesday - 5:45 - 7:15 PM
- Thursday – 9:00 - 10:15 AM
- Happy Yoga Facebook page
Group Guitar Class – All Ages!
- The unique Zumba Latin inspired international music and dance steps create a dynamic, exciting and effective fitness system.
- Taught by Janice Follmer. For pricing and more information call 775-815-5020
- Wednesday, Friday and Saturday – 9:00 – 10:00 AM
- Thursday – 5:30 PM
- This class is for kids (age 8 and up) or adults who want to learn to play guitar. Learn in a relaxed setting from a friendly and knowledgeable instructor. This class will focus on learning the basics of playing guitar. We will cover topics including, but not limited to: Tuning, Chords, Strumming, Melodies, Chord Progressions, Music Theory, Signing, Folks/Campfire Songs.
- Taught by Kerry Andras. $25 per class drop in.
- Thursday – 5:30 – 6:30 PM
Please note that classes are occasionally cancelled either by the instructor or due to conflicts with North Tahoe Event Center activities. We are always looking for experts to teach classes at the North Tahoe Event Center. Contact us if you are interested.
For more information on our Parks, Beaches and other Park amenities visit our Recreation and Parks website.